East Whiteland Township is a township in Chester County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 10,650 at the 2010 census
East Whiteland Township, located about 20 miles west of the City of Philadelphia, in east-central Chester County, is a family-oriented community with a strong economic base
Above from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Complete Wikipedia information here.
The first European settlers, who were Welsh, arrived in Whiteland Township about 1621. Founded in 1704, Whiteland Township was made up of what is today known as East and West Whiteland townships. The name Whiteland originates from Whiteland Gardens, Flintshire, Wales. Whiteland Township was divided into two townships in 1732. East Whiteland covers more than seven thousand acres.
Native Americans called the area “The Dark Valley” because of the tree and undergrowth that once blanketed the land. During the American Revolution, Gen. George Washington and many of his troops camped at Malin Hall, Malin Road, in preparation for a Sept. 16, 1777 encounter with British Gen. William Howe. The Continental Army also camped near White Horse Inn on Swedesford Road. Because of inclement weather, however, “The Battle of the Clouds” was never fought.
Above from East Whiteland Township Website. Complete information here.
|Useful links for East Whiteland Township|
|Township Webstite||Great Valley Area School District|
|Malvern Historical Commission||SEPTA Paoli-Thorndale Train|
|Paoli Battlefied - Paoli Massacre||Paoli Hospital|
|Chester County Website|
|Malvern Borough Information Page||Malvern Area Information Page|
|Willistown Township Information Page||Return to MikeMcDaid.com|
|Charlestown Township Information Page|